A Brief history of Range Rover
The Rover Company created the Land Rover series in 1951. Chief designer Maurice Wilks was inspired by Jeeps and initially made military vehicles. Land Rovers were later created as high-riding SUVs with some off-road capabilities. Land Rover became a part of Leyland Motors, also known as British Leyland, to market the line to more desirable audiences. In the 1960s, Rover engineers were inspired by the success of the Ford Bronco and the Jeep Wagoneer, so they developed the Range Rover line. Range Rover became a retronym brand name for Land Rover and released the first Range Rover in 1970. In 1978, Land Rover became its own company and broke off its partnership with Leyland motors. However, beginning in the 1990s, Land Rover underwent several new ownerships, starting with BMW in 1994. Then, BMW sold off Land Rover to Ford in 2000. Ford then sold off the Jaguar brand and Land Rover brand to the Tata Group in 2008, an Indian automotive manufacturer.
Range Rovers were created as a harmonious blend of comfort and some off-road ability. As they became more popular, the model started to move upscale into the high-end luxury brand it is today. To this day, Range Rovers still stand out on the roads of Eureka, CA, Arcata, CA, Fortuna, CA, Garberville, CA, McKinleyville, CA, and beyond.
Range Rover today
Whether your Range Rover needs brake repair, transmission repair, or something else, we at Johnson Automotive & Electric in CA, 95501 can take care of your car, bumper to bumper. Today's Range Rover models include:
- Range Rover: Comes in a PHEV variant, the Range Rover is a class-leading large SUV.
- Range Rover Sport: The Range Rover Sport is a smaller version of the Range Rover without any compromise to luxury. It also comes in a PHEV variant.
- Range Rover Velar: The Range Rover Velar is a high-tech compact-luxury SUV. It comes with advanced technology teachers like two 10-inch infotainment displays as well as power flush door handles.
- Range Rover Evoque: The Evoque is a luxury subcompact SUV. It has a mild-hybrid system designed to assist with acceleration and generate more horsepower.
- Discovery: The Discovery is a midsize SUV that comes with available third-row seating. It also won the ALG Residual Value Awards Best Premium Mid-Size Utility 3rd Row Seating.
- Discovery Sport: The Discovery Sport is a versatile compact SUV. Even in a smaller package, it still offers the technology and luxury expected with Range Rover products.
- Defender: The New Defender was recently redesigned from the original 1950 model to have a blend of both Land Rover’s retro design with their new modern design. It is a luxury crossover that is able to go offroad.
Why should they choose this shop to get their car repaired?
Eventually, all vehicles need to be brought in for repairs. Whatever your needs are, you can take your Range Rover to Johnson Automotive & Electric. Proudly serving residents of Eureka and surrounding areas since 1981, our Quality technicians go through extensive automotive repair training. We have a review score of 100 based on reviews from 380 satisfied customers. At Johnson Automotive & Electric, our owner John Chaffin's number one goal is complete customer satisfaction, and we will make sure your vehicle is taken care of with top-notch service and also efficiently and cost-effectively. Reasons You Should Do Business With Us:
- We are Experts
- Years of Experience
If you are in or nearby Humboldt County, feel free to go online to https://johnsonautomotive.net/ or give us a call at 707-444-8195 to schedule an appointment at Johnson Automotive & Electric today! Johnson Automotive & Electric - You Will Save Money on Major Repairs When You Perform Routine Maintenance.